Monday, October 26, 2009

The day I sprained my ankle

Nathan
The day I sprained my ankle

Do you know how it feels to sprain an ankle? My opinion is it is not nice. You are probably wondering, “How’d he sprain his ankle?” right? It started as a normal day and I was coming down from the bleachers in music class and sort of tripped and fell on Lucas. Lucas was fine and I thought I was too until I stood up and fell down.
The strange thing about my sprained ankle is when I stood up. My ankle felt like jello, weak and unstable. With out the support of my ankle I collapsed under my own weight. Then all I could hear was the sound of my own laughter. With in seconds my laughter quickly shifted to cries of pain.
People started to surround me, closing in on me like sharks drawn to blood and I was the blood. I was getting claustrophobic, being closed in by fellow class mats. Then people tried to help me up but I just fell down again. So they helped me to the Nurse’s office. She treated me with an artificial pouch with a cool substance and the pouch was covered with a snow white quadrangle substance that contained some of the cool. I didn’t need crunches but I couldn’t wear my shoe. As I went back to my class I just remembered something. I HAD MISSED LUNCH!!!

1 comment:

Michael said...

This is a pretty good description of an event that certainly was not enjoyable. I liked the reference to sharks closing in around you, and you were the blood.

Glad to see you did not need 'crunches' to get over your injury. :-)

mh